The Five Minute Bible Story Series (TM) will be moving into the New Testament soon with this brand new book, due out in time for Christmas 2013. Bethlehem Baby tells the stories of people who might have known the infant born in a Bethlehem stable all those years ago. Meet all the familiar characters, Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth, Zechariah, and more, plus many you'll never have met before. And enjoy amazing color illustrations as you read! I love Cape Arago Press!
Look out for Bethlehem Baby on kindle soon, with Nazareth Neighbors, Galilee's Gift, and Jerusalem Journey to follow.
Sadly, Stonegarden.net, publishers of Divide by Zero, closed their doors at the end of June. But Divide by Zero lives on, with all its ratings and reviews intact, thanks to the kindness and efficiency of Amazon's helpdesk. I've rereleased a kindle version, now available from
and I'm considering whether I should release a version on Smashwords too... Maybe... Or just maybe Infinite Sum will find a home with a publisher willing to take on the original novel too. A girl can dream (as can the gorgeous white cat on the cover).
You'll notice Divide by Zero still has its original cover. Many many thanks to author and artist Peter Joseph Swanson who kindly allowed me to retain his cover art.
Genesis People will be free on Amazon from April 28 to May 2 2013. Don't miss your chance to start collecting the Five Minute Bible Story Series TM
Psalm Stories will be free from May 5 to May 9. Your chance to enjoy even more stories from the Five Minute Bible Story Series TM
Divide by Zero is set for release on August 20th 2012 in paperback and ebook formats. So now I'm frantically proofreading--trying not to be too frantic and I want to be sure I notice and fix any errors.
I've nearly finished extending the story from 37,000 words to 80,000 words. Willow Moon said they would consider publishing it in paperback if I could make it long enough, so now you'll get two romances in two countries with one story and one faith to bind them, all for the price of one!
I'm just waiting (eagerly) to sign the contract--Second Wind just accepted my short story Ark into their renewal anthology, Change is in the Wind, due to be released in April 2012! It looks like 2012 might be a good year, with Divide by Zero due for release in July as well! Now, if only I could find an agent and get those children's stories settled with a publisher...
With thanks to all those wonderful friends who've offered their support, their help, their advice, and even their blogs as Flower Child begins my first ever blog-tour... Here's a list of all the places I'll be visiting. I've put a nice sparkly banner at the top of the page too, so readers can get back to this list anytime with just one click.
I'll update, fix errors, and add addresses as things change, but, so far, I think it's okay. And again, thank you all! These are all great blogs to visit anyday--why not check them out now? I'll post links and reminders all through October so you can visit them again and meet me there.
Flower Child: just been released by Gypsy Shadow Publishing:
Find it on Amazon!
Find it on Smashwords!
Or follow my October Flower Child blog tour to learn more:
1. Aubrie Dionne: with thanks to a local writers' group. http://authoraubrie.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-post-by-gsp-author-sheila-deeth.html
2. Jenna-Lynne Duncan: memories of birth,http://www.jenna-lynne.com/1/post/2011/10/guest-post-sheila-deeth.html
3. Cheryl Snell: my (un)Musical muse, http://shivasarms.blogspot.com/2011/09/flower-child-by-sheila-deeth.html
Plus Cheryl's review of Flower Child on Scattered Light at http://snellsisters.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-of-sheila-deeths-flower-child.html
4. Stephanie Campbell: how I got here, or there, http://writersos.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-blogger-sheila-deeth.html
5. Pat Bertram interviews me http://patbertram.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/sheila-deeth-author-of-flower-child/
with an excerpt from Flower Child on http://dragonmyfeet.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/flower-child-by-sheila-deeth-excerpt-1/
6. Pat Bertram interviews my character http://patbertram.wordpress.com
with an excerpt from Flower Child on http://dragonmyfeet.wordpress.com
7. Cheryl Masciarelli: internet writer? http://cmashlovestoread.blogspot.com/
Plus I’ll be answering questions all weekend on Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/54247?group_id=37092
10. Minnette Meador will have new excerpts from Flower Child on http://minnettemeador.blogspot.com
11. Jezebel Jorge: questions of identity, http://www.jezebeljorge.com/
12. Therese Boje: two-step inspiration, http://www.tpboje.blogspot.com
13. AF Stewart: spiritual speculative fiction, http://afstewartblog.blogspot.com/
14. Mike Ware interviews me on http://themissingword.blogspot.com/
15. Aaron Paul Lazar interviews me on http://murderby4.blogspot.com/
16. Cat Cavendish interviews me on http://www.catherinecavendish.com/
17. Erin o’Riordan: angels, http://erinoriordan.blogspot.com/
18. Dawn Colclasure: mathematical writer? http://dawncolclasureblog.blogspot.com/
19. Lyn Hywela: memory and inspiration, http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com/
20. Paula Mitchell: first image, http://communitybookstop.blogspot.com/
21. Sutton Fox: what’s that story all about? http://suttonfox.blogspot.com/
22. Mary Russel: what type of book do you write? http://maryrussel.blogspot.com/
24. Christine Amsden reviews Flower Child on http://christineamsden.com/wordpress/
25. Christine Amsden interviews me on http://christineamsden.com/wordpress/
26. Gail Lewis reviews Flower Child on http://summitbookreviews.blogspot.com/
and Anjuelle Floyd interviews me on http://www.anjuellefloyd.com/blog/
27. Tracey Parelli: not all ghosts are scary, http://traceypacelli.com/
Plus Fran Lewis reviews Flower Child on facebook
28. Kimberley Brock interviews me on http://kimberlybrockblog.com/
Plus, live author Q&A at 6pm Pacific on gather http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980420916#cid-1688849889343690
29. I tell Anne Petzer about my first book on http://annehpetzer.wordpress.com/
31. Ruthi Cox reviews Flower Child on http://ruthireads.blogspot.com/
Plus, author Jane Kirkpatrick will feature me on http://janeswordsofencouragement.blogspot.com/ sometime in October and Anjuelle Floyd will interview me on Blogtalkradio on Wednesday November 2nd!
Posted with a HUGE thankyou to all the wonderful authors and bloggers who've agreed to be part of this. I'm totally overwhelmed by your kindness and your support. Thank you!!!
Flower Child has just been released by Gypsy Shadow Publishing.
54 pages, pdf ebook.
Look out for other versions if you want to read it on ereaders etc, but the Gypsy Shadow home-site produces the best pdfs.
Go to http://gypsyshadow.com/SheilaDeeth.html#Flower and see what you think. (Hey, there's even a buy button!)
Gypsy Shadow Publishing will soon be releasing my next ebook, Flower Child, on the unsuspecting world. I love the cover!
the story of a grieving mother and her unborn daughter.
When Megan miscarries her first pregnancy it feels like the end of everything; instead it's the start of a curious relationship between the grieving mother and an unborn child who hovers somewhere between ghost and angel. Angela, Megan's "little angel" has character and dreams all her own, friends who may or may not be real angels, and a little brother who brings hope to her mother's world. But Angela's dream-world has a secret and one day Angela might learn how to be real.
Mongrel Christian, mathematician, author of the Five-Minute Bible Story Series, What IF...S: Inspired by Faith and Science Books, contemporary novels, poetry, children's stories, spiritual speculative fiction, and more...